How are your public speaking skills?
93% of adults say they’re “shy.” Yet, the #1 skill for success is still communication.
Do you realize how much public speaking you do every week in networking, staff meetings, job interviews, leaving a voice mail, radio/TV interviews, and, of course, presentations?
It’s true that people judge us by our public speaking skills and many of you have expressed a desire to improve your public speaking. In fact, 39.5% of people hire a life coach to improve public speaking skills.
Remember the following about public speaking:
Public speaking will make you accessible to your audience, instantly making you credible and visible in the most economical yet profitable way.
- Accessible: When you speak in public you are making yourself more accessible. People don’t just want to hear you, they want to know you. They want to know the person behind the product.
- Credible: If you have good speaking skills, people will automatically believe you are a credible person. If you have poor speaking skills you will lose credibility quickly.
- Visible: Most people do not remember a name, product, or service until they have seen or heard it 5 times. Speaking in public is one of the best ways to increase your marketing visibility.
- Economical: Think about it, you pay a lot of money for a newspaper or magazine ad, TV commercial, or radio jingle, but when you speak in public, you don’t have to pay anything most of the time. Public speaking is the most economical way to market yourself and your business. But you better be good at it or you will shoot yourself in the foot.
- Profitable: Do you realize you can actually make money from your public speaking? You can get paid to deliver keynotes and training. You can sell books, coaching, audio resoursces, and teleseminars. You can drive more traffic to your web site where you sell your products. If you enjoy public speaking, I can coach you in building your speaking business.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses in public speaking?
- Are you fully utilizing public speaking for your business, product, and marketing?
Brent O’Bannon creates momentum for outrageous success. He is known as America’s Momentum Coach for individuals, couples in business, and companies. For more information go to www.brentobannon.com and www.marriedtoyourboss.com.