The Power of Affirmations
Last year, I remember how my heart was pounding with excitement when I went to Dallas to see Jack Canfield speak about his book, The Success Principles.
As I walked into the building, I prayed that I would meet the people I was supposed to meet. In the first few minutes, Jack shared about having dinner with an inspirational entrepreneur in Dallas the night before. Sitting beside me was Michael, a middle age psychologist from Kansas City. We paired and shared during an exercise.
He placed a 3×5 card in front of me with the written affirmation he had been saying daily for approximately six months. It said, “I am grinning ear to ear when I meet Jack Canfield face to face.” With awe and joy he said, “Brent, that was my brother and I who had dinner last night with Jack Canfield for two hours.”
Now I was the one grinning ear to ear, inspired by the power of affirmations. Later, Michael introduced me to his entrepreneural brother who shared some incredible insights on growing my speaking and coaching business.
Here are some quick guidelines for powerful affirmations.
- Be personal. Start with I am or your name.
- Be present. Use the present tense.
- Be positive. Say what you want.
- Be precise. No more than a sentence.
- Be purposeful. Include an action word with -ing.
- Be passionate. Include an emotion/feeling word.
Here are a few of my personal affirmations using these pointers.
- I attract favor and unlimited possibilities to fulfill my dreams and become my best.
- I experience commitment, affection, intimacy, fun, and great sex with Rhonda more than ever.
- I visualize and realize success, happiness, and a bright future for my children.
- I am healthy, happy, financially free, connected, and outrageously successful.
- I exude gratitude, humility and happiness for the journey of life.
I challenge you to write down your affirmations on a 3×5 card, carry them with you, and say them daily at least once in the morning and before bed for 30 days. It’s true that we attract what we affirm daily. Soon, you too will be grinning from ear to ear.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!