What is the VIA model? There are 6 virtues and 24 total character strengths that fall within each virtue category.
1. Wisdom and Knowledge – Cognitive strengths that entail the acquisition and
use of knowledge
2. Courage – Emotional strengths that involve the exercise of will to accomplish goals in the face of opposition, external or internal
3. Humanity – Interpersonal strengths that involve tending and befriending others
4. Justice – Civic strengths that underlie healthy community life
5. Temperance – Strengths that protect against excess
6. Transcendence – Strengths that forge connections to the larger universe and provide meaning
What are the 24 VIA Character Strengths?